Video First Hiring
Build & Break Festival Crew
Hotel Bell Tent
From £10.50 to £11.63 per hour
Build & Break Festival Crew at Hotel Bell Tent: Brighton
Hotel Bell Tent have been creating boutique camps at the UK’s best outdoor events since 2008.
Build and Break crew members work to create Hotel Bell Tent boutique event accommodation, by setting up and dressing structures, maintaining structures during the event, and setting down / packing away stock ready to be loaded after an event is finished. This role involves very physical work, including carrying heavy items, as well as attention to detail, and a good customer facing attitude.
Start date: Event Specific (From June 2023 to September 2023)
Reporting to: Crew Supervisors / Build Managers / Production Managers / Project Manager
Build & Break Festival Crew Responsibilities
- Prior to the event: Under guidance of the Crew Supervisors / Build Managers / Production Managers, to assist with unloading and storing of stock in preparation for the build; to plot and erect structures; furnish and dress structures; make beds neatly; assist with quality control where necessary; and clear site ready for the event to begin.
- During check-in days: Under the guidance of the Reception Manager and/or Shift Manager, to assist customers with their bags.
- During event: Under guidance of the Reception Manager and/or Shift Manager, complete daily maintenance tasks, maintain and organise stock storage areas, help fix or troubleshoot any problems with structures.
- Post event: Under guidance of the Crew Supervisors / Build Managers / Production Managers, assist with the first stages of the breakdown; including stripping decorations and bedding; remove furnishings and dressings; set down and pack away structures; organise stock in preparation for loading; assist with loading of lorries.
Build & Break Festival Crew Requirements
- A happy and positive can do attitude
- Ability to take instruction, use initiative, and communicate well with crew members
- Ability to carry out physical work and carry heavy items.
- Hardworking, and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Good attention to detail, and a desire to complete a job to a high standard
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- A love of the events lifestyle and enjoyment of being on the road at events and festivals, working long hours
- Desire to work and live outdoors
- Problem solving and initiative
- Polite, helpful, and friendly approach to guests
- On site camping will be required
Other desirable Skills
- UK driving licence and vehicle
- Previous building or site experience
- Straight mast or Telehandler license