Manufacturing Operative (Chichester)
Manufacturing Operative (Chichester) at Natures Way Foods: Chichester
NWF is leading manufacturer of prepared salads, coleslaw and “food-to-go” for supermarkets and retailers, and as such we work closely with farmers across Europe. But there’s a lot more to us than the products we make. We also...
- Grow careers and opportunities
- Grow sustainability
- Grow employee and community wellbeing
- Grow great supplier relationships
Our culture is inclusive, and our people are diverse spanning 39 different languages. We operate four manufacturing facilities capable of producing over 326m units per year. Building on previous success, this year is set to be another exceptional year for our organisation. It is an exciting time to join Natures Way Foods as we are expanding our production lines and there is genuine opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the organisation.
Manufacturing Operative (Chichester) Responsibilities
Reporting into the Production Department Manager you will ensure the efficient and effective throughput of product in working area whilst meeting customer quality expectations and adhering to Food Safety/Health & Safety guidelines and procedures.
- The setup and operation of specialised production machinery, ensuring each machine is running effectively and safely at all times
- Ensure Food Quality/Safety and legality procedures and checks, sign offs & paperwork is completed as per NWF and Customer requirement
- Ensuring our customer orders are met to our high standards of quality
- Supervision of agency staff in a specific area
- Maintaining a clean environment within your workspace
- Report any Out of Spec Products/Machinery issues/Non-Conformances to Line Manager promptly
Manufacturing Operative (Chichester) Skills & Experience
- Good attention to detail
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can work under pressure and to deadlines
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills
- A dynamic and flexible attitude and can solve problems
- Values working within a team
- Willing an open to learning new things
- Previous experience of machine operating, or food production/processing would be an advantage
We operate a days only shift pattern from 7am - 7pm. You will work a total of 14 days over a 28-day period. Typically you will work as follows:
Week 1 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Week 2 - Wednesday & Thursday
- Generous benefits package
- Pension plan
- Overtime available
- Free on-site parking
- Ongoing learning and development
- A genuine opportunity to progress your career
What kind of people do we look for?
We look for passionate people and then help them to channel that passion, because their success is our success!
We also like people who have high standards, because we do. We are always trying to improve, and we want you to help us do that.
Watch more videos:
Meet a Shift Manager