Multi-skilled Engineer (Chichester)
Multi-skilled Engineer (Chichester) at Natures Way Foods: Chichester
NWF is leading manufacturer of prepared salads, coleslaw and “food-to-go” for supermarkets and retailers, and as such we work closely with farmers across Europe. But there’s a lot more to us than the products we make.
Our culture is inclusive, and our people are diverse spanning 39 different languages. We operate four manufacturing facilities capable of producing over 326m units per year. Building on previous success, this year is set to be another exceptional year for our organisation. It is an exciting time to join Natures Way Foods as we are expanding our production lines and there is genuine opportunity to develop your skills and progress within the organisation.
Reporting into our Engineering Manager you will be part of a team of Engineers that manage and maintain some of the latest production technology within the food industry.
We operate a rotational shift pattern covering 6am to 6pm or 7am to 7pm over days and nights which means you will work a total of 14 days over a 28-day period covering the day and night-time shift patterns.
You would be working as follows:
Week 1 - Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
Week 2 - Wednesday & Thursday
Multi-skilled Engineer (Chichester) Responsibilities
- Day to day maintenance and improvement of plant, assets, and services
- Effective use of engineering departmental systems and processes
- Responsible for accurate and timely communication to all stakeholders
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance with food and H&S standard
- To ensure the completion of the PPM tasks and formulate improved maintenance practices.
- To diagnose and repair equipment faults in a timely fashion, ensuring the smooth running of the Engineering Request System.
- PLC fault finding and electrical installations.
- To actively champion health and safety, ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees and that as a minimum, it meets the standards set out in the company's health and safety and environmental policies.
- To be proactive in identifying and eliminating faulty processes by implementing long-term fixes.
- To uphold and exceed standards of product quality and GMP within their area that are appropriate to an industry-leading quality food manufacturer.
- To play an active role in the shift and be the go-to person on shift and for the engineering manager on site. To be the driving force behind shift communication
- To be aware of budget and stock control and maintain shift paperwork to a high standard.
- Ensure buildings, plant & equipment are safe in design & operation
- Complete shift metrics and escalate appropriate action to engineering manager
Multi-skilled Engineer (Chichester) Skills & Experience
- Manufacturing experience (desirable)
- Electrical knowledge desirable or a willingness to train and learn.
- Possesses relevant engineering qualifications
- Ability to work at pace to complete tasks.
- A good team player and likes to work in a collaborative manner
- Ability to communicate engineering matters across all departments when necessary
- Good analytical problem-solving approach and numerical capability
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- IT literate
- Familiar with the use of CMMS (Computerised maintenance Management System)
- Generous benefits package
- Pension plan
- Overtime available
- Free on-site parking
- Ongoing learning and development
What kind of people do we look for?
We look for passionate people and then help them to channel that passion, because their success is our success!
We also like people who have high standards, because we do. We are always trying to improve, and we want you to help us do that.
Watch more videos:
Meet an Engineering Manager