Front of House Team Member
The Eggfree Cake Box is the UK’s largest specialist cake retailer.
Brighton and Hove
Front of House Team Member at Cake Box: Brighton and Hove
The Eggfree Cake Box is the UK’s largest specialist cake retailer specialising in the production and distribution of high-quality Egg Free celebration cakes across the UK. This is a dynamic and fast-growing business. We are one of 100 plus branches in the UK and have excellent systems in place which are helping us grow even further.
We are looking for like-minded, enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team at the Front of House (FOH). It can be a fast-paced environment but a fun place to work. No previous experience is required as you will be trained and supervised from day one. We just require a keen attitude and a willingness to learn. Experience of working in retail could be an advantage.
Whether you are answering the phone and dealing with queries; taking orders for cakes, etc selling and promoting shop merchandise or providing information to members of the public, you will deliver an efficient and friendly service to customers at all times.
Front of House Team Member responsibilities
- Preparing the shop before opening
- Maintaining front-of-house cleanliness throughout the day
- Working in conjunction with our back-of-house team members to maintain the Cake Box standards
- Keeping a check on the quality of cakes leaving the shop
- Greet and deal with customer’s requests with a smile
- Serve customers and take payments using the cash register and card machine
- Taking cake orders from customers
- Answering the phone
- Learning how to write messages on cakes
- Boxing cakes and slices correctly
- Cashing up at the end of each day
- End of day cleaning with all staff, including mopping the floor
Front of House Team Member requirements
- Computer Literate
- English Language
- People/communication Skills