Chef De Partie - Brighton
What you'll be doing:
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Chef de Partie to help us create exceptional food experiences for Chartwells on a full time basis, contracted to 40 hours per week.
As a Chef de Partie, you will be working in a passionate and hard-working team to create an outstanding culinary experience for our customers in the market-leading food service company in the UK.
In return we offer support and development to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
More about the role:
Could you bring your spark to Chartwells? Here's what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Being an enthusiastic team player and excellent communicator
- Representing Chartwells and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene... standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Who you are:
Our ideal Chef De Partie will:
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mind set
- Passionate about food
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
What we’ll give:
- Up to £27,000 depending on experience
?Are you passionate about hospitality and events?
Do you have an eye for detail?
If so please read on.
Brighton College is an inspiring place to work. As the leading co-educational school in the UK it is renowned for its inspirational teaching and innovative education, whilst placing kindness and community at the heart of our approach to education. Named "UK School of the Decade " by The Sunday Times in 2020. We are a leading and celebrated private boarding and day school in Brighton. Our team runs a busy 7 day a week breakfast, lunch and supper operation plus a very busy events and hospitality service for internal and external customers.
Working as part of the hospitality team here at Brighton College you will be responsible for delivering and setting up a wide range of function events from afternoon teas, buffets and BBQs to formal sit-down Summer Balls and evening dinners. We cater for anything from 5 - 1500 people. You will be hugely passionate about food and delivering a 5 star service to all our customers.
- No late finishes
- Work one weekend out of 4
- Easter and Christmas holidays off
- Lots of room for development/career pathways
- Working in one of the UK’s top independent schools
- Work life balance
- Amazing hospitality to showcase our amazing talented chefs – HM conference, fine dining for international guests and VIP’s
- Free staff meals
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Lots of recognition and awards for support staff