Retail Sales Advisor
Brewers Decorator Centres
£21 000 per year
Retail Sales Advisor
40 hours per week over 5 days
Monday to Friday with Saturday’s on a rota
Salary – £21,000 per annum plus pension and company benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a friendly and reliable Retail Sales Advisor to join the team at our Brewers Decorator Centre in Freshfield Road, Brighton. Providing exceptional service to our customers in branch, you will play a vital part in helping us serve customers and keeping the branch running smoothly - experience with our products isn't necessary, if you bring great customer service and team working skills to the table, we'll give you everything you need to succeed.
One of two Brewers Decorator Centres in Brighton, our Freshfield Road store has been successfully serving local homeowners and trades people with the broadest range of decorating materials for over 15 years. Customers will find everything they need in store including trade and designer paints from a wide variety of brands, a huge selection of... wallpapers in our dedicated Showroom area as well as all the decorating materials needed to complete their home décor projects. Brewers are renowned through the country for providing friendly and knowledgeable customer service - it's why we welcome so many repeat customers back into our business.
Store opening hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 5pm.
A family run business for almost 120 years; we have a long history in our industry and have grown to over 190 branches nationwide. We know that our people make our business unique, and place great emphasis on the development and growth of our colleagues.
As a Retail Sales Advisor with Brewers, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide exceptional service to customers in branch, to deliver upon our reputation for quality Brewers service
- Use product knowledge to provide recommendations and help customers find the best product for their needs
- Mix paint for Customers, process specialist orders, and request special stock within the Branch network
- Developing sales of the Company product range including wallpaper, paint and fabric
- Build relationships with customers to fully identify their needs and allow us to provide a comprehensive service
- Promote seasonal and special items, including merchandising goods in-store to increase visibility and sales
- Assisting with stock maintenance in the branch
- Unload deliveries and ensure stock is distributed throughout the store
Who we are looking for to join our team:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, to understand and translate customer requirements into product recommendations
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality - happy to help both customers and colleagues
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can always be relied upon to work as an individual
- Willing to attend training to become a Fire Marshall and/or First Aider if required
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- Previous retail experience or product knowledge would be advantageous but not essential, as full training will be given to the right candidate
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service
- Free life assurance
- of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- We offer Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- Brewers Colleague discounts giving you huge savings on your home improvements
- Employee Assistance Programme - accessible to colleagues, partner/spouse and dependants
- Access to Medicash, an optional contributory scheme where you can claim money back for the most common routine healthcare treatments
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc
- Additional financial assistance such as Cycle to Work Scheme, Season Ticket Loans and Helping Hand Loan Scheme for times of crisis,
- Staff uniform and uniform cleaning tax relief
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- After a qualifying period, you will also be eligible for additional benefits such as profit related pay, enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay and a chance to use one of our two Company Holiday Homes in Cornwall or the Lake District
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note –this role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Please ensure you fully complete the application process if you wish to be considered for this position. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to any applicants that do not complete the process.