Arcobaleno is a multi-faceted all-day LGBTQ+ café, bar, restaurant and event space.
Line Chef at Arcobaleno: Brighton
Are you an engaging and natural connector, who is well organised, with people and kitchen management experience? Do you promote and encourage inclusivity? Do you have passion to support mental health and wellbeing for others? Can you apply these skills and passions to support the kitchen operations of our new venue, Arcobaleno in Kemptown, Brighton?
If the answer’s “Yes! Absolutely” … We want to hear from you!
Who we are
Arcobaleno is a family-owned, multi-faceted all-day LGBTQ+ café, bar, restaurant and event space. We all need a space where we can feel safe and seen, meet like-minded members of our community, and spark those serendipitous meetings with friends not yet acquainted. As Queer spaces have become fewer and further between, we want to cultivate community and connection in the Brighton scene and offer a place where everyone can feel embraced.
Line Chef Opportunity
We are seeking a hard-working, enthusiastic, energetic and flexible line chef. You will have a positive and excellent work ethic, who prides themselves on consistency and quality.
The relationship between front and back of house is a part of the fundamental success of Arcobaleno, and you will have a strong working relationship with the Head Chef and our GM to work in sync with each other. You will have the opportunity to create dishes from our menu offering, from scratch, with fresh ingredients and have involvement in designing new dishes as we journey through each season.
Our expectations in Food Safety Management and meeting EHO standards is high and maintaining standards here is an important part of the role. Your role will be wide and varied, representing the company’s core beliefs and values, including:
- Adhering to quality, hygiene and cleanliness standards
- Staying up-to-date with culinary trends and kitchen processes
- Dealing with suppliers and ensuring that they supply quality goods at affordable prices
- Managing the inventory and ordering stock as needed
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen equipment and organising repairs when needed
- Ensuring that guests receive excellent service and enjoy their culinary experience
This is a 40 hour week across 6 days (Tuesday to Sunday)
You will need:
- Minimum of 1 years experience in kitchen management
- Valid Food Safety & Hygiene certificate, preferably at Level 3 or above.
Line Chef Reward & Benefits
- Negotiable rate
- An equal share of Tips
- 28 days holiday per year
- A competitive employee benefits package and pension
- A caring, supportive and inclusive relationship, and
- A positive work-life balance with sociable hours
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV or a Video Application telling us why you’re right for the job.