Asst manager / cake decorator
The Eggfree Cake Box is the UK’s largest specialist cake retailer.
Brighton and Hove
From £11 per hour
Asst manager / cake decorator at Cake Box: Brighton and Hove
The Eggfree Cake Box is the UK’s largest specialist cake retailer specialising in the production and distribution of high-quality Egg Free celebration cakes across the UK. This is a dynamic and fast-growing business. We are one of 100 plus branches in the UK and have excellent systems in place which are helping us grow even further.
We are looking for like-minded, enthusiastic and energetic individuals to join our team at the Front of House (FOH). It can be a fast-paced environment but a fun place to work. No previous experience is required as you will be trained and supervised from day one. We just require a keen attitude and a willingness to learn. Experience of working in retail could be an advantage.
Whether you are answering the phone and dealing with queries; taking orders for cakes, etc selling and promoting shop merchandise or providing information to members of the public, you will deliver an efficient and friendly service to customers at all times.
Asst manager / cake decorator responsibilities
- Be passionate about using your local knowledge and sales expertise to consistently go above and beyond to deliver the ultimate Cakebox experience in your store
- Confidently make decisions about what’s best for our customers, including taking ownership for handling customer issues in store
- Be a positive role model for others, helping to build trusted relationships across the team, whilst having fun
- Effectively coordinate the team across operational tasks when needed, guiding them with your operational expertise
- Support and motivate your teammates to deliver amazing levels of service
- Take pride in store appearance and embrace the Cakebox store look, to ensure our store looks amazing. Always.
- Endlessly develop your product knowledge and understanding of the business to offer the best possible experience to our customers
- Embrace the Cakebox culture and encourage your teammates to do the same
- Support with key compliance tasks where needed including loss prevention and health and safety
- Maintain a good commercial awareness of your store, understanding the KPI’s required and bring fresh ideas to the management team to drive performance against them
- Step up to lead the team in store when needed
- Hold keys for the store and take responsibility for opening and closing, including cash handling
- Also involved in the day to day running of the business
Asst manager / cake decorator ideal candidate
- Passionate about our brand and help to create the best possible customer experience
- Enjoy working independently with excellent attention to detail
- Must also be willing to learn cake decorating as part of your role
- Confident taking ownership of your projects and tasks
- A positive and proactive individual, able to act as a role model for others
- A creative problem solver, always working to put solutions and fresh ideas forward
- Great at collaborating and building trust with others, working together to get results and learn
- Experienced in sales and operations in store and ready to step up
- Computer Literate
- Ambition and drive to take on leadership roles as the business grows
- Having high attention to detail;
- Have good IT skills - including digital marketing, MS Office, Teams etc; Be able to complete paperwork
- Have good written and spoken communication skills;
- Competitive salary, pension contributions, and 22 days holiday
- A range of Learning & Development and training programme
- Discounted or free food
- Staff discount, in store