Backstreet Yakitori Joint
From £12 to £16 per hour
Award winning Japanese restaurant Bincho Yakitori is recruiting!
2 Jobs are available - We are looking for a chef and kitchen assistant for our small busy Japanese restaurant in central Brighton - Full and part time positions available.
We specialise in Japanese bar food; casual, unfussy food with big flavours, much of it is cooked over traditional Japanese grills.
Experience in a similar position is preferred but not essential - what we are really looking for is personality.
- Candidates must be punctual, reliable and well presented.
- Candidates must be quick on their feet and quick in their minds, good at handling pressure and problem solving on the go - we are busy!
- Candidates must have a positive outlook on life and have a warm personality. a genuine enjoyment of cooking.
- Candidates must have a good work ethic, be able to turn their phones off at the start of a shift.
- Candidates must be good clear communicators and enjoy teamwork.
- Being a Japanese restaurant there is a strong emphasis on product knowledge, lots of food you may not be familiar with. Candidates must be keen to learn. A genuine interest in Japanese food and culture is essential.
- Full training will be given before work commences.
We are a very happy and friendly team with a good sense of humour, if you feel you are suited to this role please apply with a short video - tell us why you think you are a good fit for this Job.
Note - This is not a Summer Job. We would be expecting a minimum 8 months commitment.
Job Types: Full-time & Part-time (12-36 hours per week)
Salary: £12.00-£16.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)