Jurys Inn Brighton
We have a great opportunity for a Duty Manager to join the group at Jurys Inn.
We want you to support a brilliant and diverse team to deliver excellence to our valued customers across our amazing hotel.
Experience we expect:
- Strong Operational knowledge across either Reception or Food and Beverage Departments or even better both.
- Background in branded hotels or restaurants is preferred – so you will understand how we work
- Excellent Customer service skills, standards driven, good organisational skills
- To be able to make decisions in a fast paced environment and to enjoy it
- To be great at up-selling – anticipating customer needs as well as improving the bottom line
- To be able to manage the team and resources available to ensure that the departments are equipped for service via cost controls, stock monitoring and good rota management
- Ability to communicate to and motivate your team providing day to day leadership and direction
- Be able to use computer systems –... we use Opera, SAP and Micros. (for the occasional time you do get a desk)
Your responsibilities will be:
- To plan and ensure the hotel is ready for the days business – preparing for the morning meeting and sharing information with the team
- To be out and about in the hotel, supervising the day to day operation and ensuring exceptional guest service.
- To encourage the team to maximise sales opportunities
- To ensure prompt resolution of customer complaints
- To develop and train the team to be able to deliver their job brilliantly so that we get great feedback from guests
Why come and work for us?
- Earn thousands by referring a friend to work with us
- Stay at one of our Jurys Inn or Leonardo Hotels UK for a hugely discounted rate and get a reduced rate for friends and family if they want to stay too
- Company Pension Scheme, Life assurance & Wellbeing support
- days holiday entitlement including bank holidays, increasing with service to a maximum of 33 days (we even offer Wedding Leave too)
- The opportunity to work for a well-respected brand where people development is at the heart of our culture
- An array of learning courses in which you can attend - the sky is the limit with your development with us, we nourish your skills and talents to develop leaders of the future
- Happy Rewards – earn performance based points and use them towards that desired product you've been meaning to buy or hey even that well deserved day off
- Employee of the month earning you a little bonus and fame for that entire month.
- Flexible working hours- shift working is what we do but not split shifts – we want you to have a work-life balance too
- Uniform & Meals on duty
- Monthly / Quarterly engagement activities - we like to have fun while working hard
- Annual Charity Event Day- we help and support our communities
- Lots of locations in the UK and Ireland which mean that if you want to develop or just fancy a change of scenery, we can help you to move and provide relocation support