Retail Manager - Catering Operations
Sodexo Live! have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Retail Managerto join our team based from Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.
At Sodexo Live! we bring people together, we create exceptional moments and lasting memories. We are a unique community of people mobilized to create live experiences that are unforgettable.
In this role you will oversee all retail catering across the venue. You will lead the team by example, driving engagement and delivering results. This is an excellent opportunity for a retail caterer to develop their career at an exceptional venue, within a leading organisation.
This would suit a highly organised individual, someone who loves planning and has a high level of attention to detail. You will be happy to adopt a hands on management approach and will be comfortable working in a high volume fast paced catering environment. Proven experience of large scale events managing will be key to your success.
When you join Sodexo Live! you truly belong, you... will have the opportunity to thrive with career and learning opportunities available across the organisation - we cant wait for you to join us!
- To manage the day to day operation of retail catering set up and delivery of matchday retail catering for circa 28 thousand fans
- Maximise the profitability of the contract within area of responsibility and deliver the required results
- To proactively seek innovation within the Retail operation and develop the business
- Lead the team by example and take responsibility when needed, act with initiative, demonstrate energy and
- Take accountability and responsibility for delivering required results
- Manage the ordering and control of all food and beverage in general admission retail operations
- Prioritise workloads effectively, plan activities to meet the needs of others. Show attention to detail proactively
- Plan activities and time to minimise reactivity and maintain a sensible work-life balance
- Responsible for all draught beer ordering and cellar operations throughout the stadium
The Ideal Candidate
- High standard of literacy and numeracy
- Well-developed verbal, non-verbal, presentation and communication skills
- Extensive experience in delivering public retail
- Proven experience in managing P&L accounts and driving profitability
- Management of large and diverse teams
- Manage multiple workloads and shifting priorities
- Deliver excellence in operational service standards and customer satisfaction
- Ability to interpret and utilise varied financial and commercial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and employees at all levels
- Achieve set, standards and operate to performance criteria; for example health and safety, hygiene
- Stadia and Event management experience ideal
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative when deputising for the CSD
- IOSH managing safely qualification
c£36,000pa + great bonus and benefits
Location: Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club
Work Pattern – 40hrs pw 5/7 must work match days
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities, and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be natural, and be the best versions of themselves. We recognise that we’re on a journey with regards to diversity and inclusion and would therefore welcome applications for candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
About the Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo’s connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge (Circles ); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design (Wx ); employee engagement and recognition services (Sodexo Engage ) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo’s value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process